Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Chest Tuesday

Today was chest workout, and some HIIT.

Warm up:
2 sets 10 reps with 20lbs dumbell flat bench

Work sets:
2 sets 10 reps with 30lbs dumbell flat bench
2 sets 10 reps with 40lbs dumbell flat bench
1 set 6 reps with 45lbs dumbell flat bench
5 sets 10 reps with 30 lbs dumbell flat bench

After this, I took about a 5 minute rest due to spotting a friend.

Incline benching:
1 set 10 reps warm up with the bar
4 sets 10 reps with 20lbs
1 set 10 reps with 30lbs (by this time I wanted to die)

Chest flies:
I did the traditional chest fly for 5 sets and also the resistance cable machine for 5 sets, alternating when I finish one.

So it'd be like, 1 set chest fly machine 12 reps with 40lbs, then switch to the resistance cable machine for 1 set 12 reps at 6. (I don't know if that was pounds, but I highly doubt it). I did this for 5 sets in total.

I then proceeded to some HIIT cardio on a bike by doing 2 minute warm up, then 20 second (~20rpm) sprints 10 second rest / normal pace (~14rpm) for 8 sets and ended with a 3 minute cool down.

I also ran outside for about 45 minutes in the evening with a couple of friends. I am planning to incorporate speed walking in the morning when I first wake up, and in the evening. This way I don't think i'd really over train but at least I get a bit more cardio in for weight lost.

Meals were about the same, nothing really different from the other days.

No comments:

Post a Comment