Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Pull Workout

Today I went and did a pull workout, which basically was my back workout.

3 sets of pullups at 10 reps with 150lbs assistance for warm up.
2 sets of deadlifts at 10 reps with 10lbs on each side for warm up.

Work sets:

6 sets Deadlifts                              10 reps                              25lbs on each side
10 sets assisted pull ups                 10 reps                              135lbs assistance for 8. 2 with 150lbs
30 minutes on stationary bike

I have to say that back work out was pretty easy in my opinion, but I still feel really sore. The deadlifts were hard on the first 3 or 4 sets. But afterwards, it was REALLY easy. I didn't feel like it was enough resistance, so maybe weight up next time I do this.

A main issue with today's workout was my forearms. I felt that my forearms aren't strong enough so when I was doing pullups, what prevented me from going more were my forearms. They were on fire! I was losing grip but still managed to pump out the couple reps. During the pullups, I also felt it in my biceps and forearms. I don't really know the feel of my upper back working yet, so I don't know if it did get a good enough work out. We'll see if I can weight up next time.

My meals were eaten at the right times today. Nothing spectacular, but instead of just plain chicken breast, I marinated them in some Jack Daniels bbq sauce. Honestly, it tastes about the same. Nothing really spectacular so I think I'm just going to stick with the plain chicken breast to really cut out the sugar and sodium intake.

I'm also thinking of replacing some long term cardio with sprints. Kind of incorporating the HIIT again. I'll update my split when I can think of a good day to do it without my legs giving out.

No comments:

Post a Comment