Thursday, March 10, 2011

Short Back Workout

Today's workout:

3 sets assisted pullups at 150lbs assistance 10 reps for warmup
2 sets of deadlifts 10 reps at 20 lbs.

Work Set:
5 sets deadlifts 10 reps at 50lbs.
3 sets of pullups 10 reps at 135lbs assistance.

Today's workout was ehh. I had to cut it short because I got to the gym pretty late, about 45 minutes before closing. Couldn't finish 10 sets of pullups like I had intended. I also forgot to bring my gloves which gave me ALOT of pain in the hands while deadlifting. Because of the pain when gripping the bars, I couldn't bust out some more pullups.

It was my first time doing deadlifts today and all I can say is wow. They are hard! I thought I could pull at least 90lbs but doing 50lbs made me want to die. It worked out my lower back really good though. Since it's my first time, I don't know if this feeling is soreness or something else. Will definitely be doing more deadlifts.

Meals today were pretty bad. Oatmeal and egg whites in the morning, next meal was some fish and chick peas. My third meal was at a buffet.... bad but I tried to eat healthy. Not much of an excuse for this and it shouldn't have happened, but that was my LAST junk meal and will never happen again! Ended the day with some more fish and chick peas but along with a side of brown rice.

I got my skin fold calipers today, so I will take the measurements tomorrow along with my current weight, body part sizes, and a picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment