Thursday, March 3, 2011

First Post!

So, after I've been trolling around a bit on these workout blogs I finally decided to start my own. I've been really sick for the past year and a half and that caused me to stop most, if not all, physical activities causing me to gain more weight and become more unhealthy. I just got a gym membership last week and am ready to take this very seriously and get amazing gains!

Basic info:
Age: 17 (18 in 2 weeks!)
Weight: 185 lbs.
Height: 5'6" - 5'7"
Body Fat: Approximately 20%?

I'm not sure what my body fat percentage is, but that is just an estimate. I ordered one of those skin fold calipers which should be coming in a couple days, so I'll repost with an accurate reading then.

Only supplements I take are multivitamins, omega 3, vitamin D (doctor prescribed), my stomach medicines (doctor prescribed), and ON 100% whey protein. My diet has been fairly clean for the past month. I eat only lean chicken and ground turkey 93/7 for my sources of protein. I also try to eat a lot of vegetables, beans and fruits. I cut off all carb sources other than what come from the vegetables... but I don't know if that's healthy or not. If not, I'd go back on to brown rice. I try to eat about 5 small meals a day as recommended. I also try to drink at least 1 gallon of water everyday.

My workout routine for the past week at the gym has been based off of what Hanh Champion and Ice1cube uses.

Day 1: Legs + Cardio
Day 2: Chest/ triceps + Cardio
Day 3: Back/ biceps + Cardio
Day 4: Shoulders + Cardio
Day 5: Legs + Cardio
Day 6: Arms + Abs + Cardio
Day 7: Cardio


For most of my workouts, I follow the videos that Hanh Champion and Ice1cube posted on their youtube channels. On days 2, 4, and 6, I do HIIT for my cardio while on all other days i do a 30-40 medium intensity cardio session. I haven't really kept track of how much weight I use, but they're fairly light.

My goals are to cut down to below 10% and achieve that 6 pack. But I also want to be all around athletic like the people on 300 lols.

I will try to update this daily with the type of workout I do, how much weight I use, along with the different foods I eat through out the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment